Here’s a rundown of the top stories and podcasts on DNW from last month:
1. Timing is everything: why .XXX dwarfs other adult top level domain names – The .XXX namespace and others recently sold by ICM Registry paint a picture of how difficult it is to market a new TLD in a crowded environment.
2. Yes, your domain name registrar has made it impossible for people to contact you – The general internet public is just learning about the Whois ramifications of GDPR.
3. Man gets 20 years in prison for trying to steal a domain name – A man is headed to prison after an unusual physical attempt to steal a domain name.
4. Web.com to go private in $2 billion acquisition – The final price could be higher if competing offers come in.
5. Namecheap starts sending expired domains to GoDaddy Auctions – Namecheap is the latest domain name registrar to sign up to sell expired domains through GoDaddy.
All About .Me – I chat with .Me registry CMO Natasa Djukanovic about how the .Me domain name came to be.
Three companies using new TLDs – Three individuals who registered new TLDs for their businesses explain why.
The Amazon FBA business model – Learn about FBA, a unique ecommerce opportunity.
John Pollard: How to grow the usage of domain names – Donuts’ EVP of Registry explains how he believes domain names can find new uses.
© DomainNameWire.com 2018. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact copyright (at) domainnamewire.com. Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.